In June 2016, we converted into a worker co-operative. We’d been thinking about it for some time and we felt it was the right thing to do for us, our customers and our suppliers.
The objective of the Co-operative is to carry on the business and particularly to provide work opportunities for young people and long-term unemployed with a focus on wildlife and the environment.
We also follow the ‘worker co-operative code’:
- voluntary open membership
- democratic member control
- member economic participation
- autonomy and independence
- education, training and information
- cooperation among cooperatives
- concern for the community
At the moment, Tom Harvey and Mark Gaffney, are full members and new members will join after a probationary period and enjoy exactly the same status.
About 30% of any profits we make will be donated to local and relevant charities such as the RSPB and The Lord Whisky Sanctuary Fund who do so much to protect local wildlife.🌿